Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Hype

I remember when I was the ripe old age of 19. I was living in Geelong West at the time and Kardinia Park was a hop skip and a jump away. My buddies and I would watch up to three quarter time then head on down
the road to Kardinia Park. Where mind you were FREE to get in at three quarter time. There was no huge line up even if you went at the beginning of the match.

Sadly this does not happen anymore. AFL has so much hype on sponsors and making money I think they forget what the game is really about. i.e. ‘THE FANS’ without the loyal support of fans in this sporting industry we would be down grading to NRL games. Who the hell wants to see and NRL game live? Ha…The atmosphere, the cheers, the boos, all make footy what it is today. Quit changing the damn rules and let the fans enjoy the all in brawls. We do not go to footy matches simply because our team is playing, we go cus the game farking rocks!

I did however see a premiership won by my side at the GF. Boy words can not even describe the pies fans standing cheering and singing. Going outside at quarter/half time singing the theme song was a memory I will never forget.

I really hope and pray I get to see another Collingwood Premiership in my lifetime

1 comment:

  1. Yes I remember the times when 3/4 time was free at most stadiums. Pay Per View anyone? lol

    ReplyDelete

Followers