Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Leadership and Coaches Opinions

For me footy IS the be all end all. There is no other hobby in my life that even comes close. My passion for this game goes way back to when I was 4. I understand the rules, the umpires and even the coaches. The top seven leaders elected in each team. Their opinions also rate highly for me. WHY?


Because ultimately these guys have to play with the newly created rookies elevated to senior list. If someone does not fit in, everyone feels it. A team that understands each other and their roles is a good team. This is where the 7 picks on leadership come into play. To give advice to the youngsters in such a way they will not shun away but take on board everything some of the most GRAND AFL players have to offer. The leaders did not get where they are today without the support and guidance of their former team mates/leaders.

The newspapers may talk of trade, seniors, and rookies. Who the fark cares? It is the coaches and the players we need to listen to. Media has its place I will not deny that, but when push comes to shove do you think a coach is going to make a decision based on media?!! I THINK NOT! ..So go ahead read your papers, dog send feeds from the EX footy players. But in the end it is up to the team to decide who fits and who does not.

This is where I take my stance and give a shout out to all the Coaches who have remained, stood tall and felt strongly about what they wish to achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers