Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Go the Farkin PIES!

Of course I had to post about the Pies. What else did you expect.
Harry O'Brien what a level up player. So glad I grabbed him last minute on DT and SC. My Captain Swanny did me proud as did Wellingham. Damn that boy can run, side step, slide, silky as. Even after the 3/4 spell of Big Bazza's knock
to the head with the elbow, he came back firing it up some more in the last 1/4. He ended up with 6 stitches. He is ripe and ready for round 2 says Mick.

I was very impressed with Frasier he loved the freedom to run around the ground and still grab some handy ruck work. Although Luke Ball did not get quite what we all expected in terms of scoring he played his part, as did Jolly. I was very surprised Jolly didn't get a minus score from all those frees against him lol. He will come good.

Most of our back line have played at least 70-80 games together and it's just a matter of Jolly and Ball blending with the team.

Over all I think Pies have raised the bar this year and really loved the addition of playing down the corridor more. Most teams expect us on the wing most of the time and Mick mixed it up for a bit of both. This will catch many teams off gaurd as they will not know what is going to happen next.

Cheers to the Pies and everyone that played. And a nice grats to Toovey an extremely under-rated player in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers